Monday, March 15, 2010

What comes next...College?


With my coffee next to me, Drew at preschool and Jett napping, I am sitting here thinking about time and my boys. About how Drew has less than 23 days left of preschool, then it will be time for him to march on to a BIG school bus on the way to Kindergarten...about how Jett stood on his own for almost a minute this morning and will probably be walking in the very near future...about how much I just want time to stop, right here, right NOW! It is bittersweet to watch them grow and learn new things, but the thought of them actually growing up is quite terrifying to me. They need me, rely on me, for so much...which is overwhelming, exhausting and sometimes a bit annoying...but deep down, I love it. I love being their mother.

Perhaps all of this is coming from my recent realizaton that all 50 lbs. of Drew is just too big for me to pick up anymore. So, now, everytime I hold Jett, I squeeze him a little tighter and hold him a little longer because I know the day will come too soon when I won't be able to hold him either.

Terrified as I may be, I am so excited to see the boys and men they grow to be. If I can teach them two things in life, to love Christ and to love all people, then the rest will fall into place...and Matt and I will have succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment