Tuesday, August 17, 2010

We are gate less.

Oh, how I'd come to love my cheap Walmart baby gate. It was $10. Perhaps, had I purchased the more expensive, better quality one, I would not have had to subsequently purchase three more, but who's counting?! Drew never grasped the concept of stepping over the gate, he would step ON the top of the gate and jump over. Now it is clear to you why I had to purchase more, they'd snap right in half, usually cutting him somehow during the crash. Said crash was followed by a bandaid and a "I'm sorry, Mom, I forgot...again."

Sooo, my day yesterday was gate less. I used it to keep Jett out of the kitchen. Simply, because, well...have you ever had a 15 month old in your kitchen? Enough said, right? If so, it probably would resemble this:
Which leads to this:
I spent most of the day picking up random pots and pans that I found in the bathroom, under the couch or being used as seats for the boys in the middle of the living room.

I also caught Jett doing this...pushing the stool:
Climbing on top of the stool:
JACKPOT!!

I guess the decision to make is to either cave in on the annoying cabinet locks or head on back for my 4th baby gate purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment